Carl F. Bucherer
In 1888, Carl F. Bucherer opened his first watch and jewelry store together with his wife Luise on the Falkenplatz in Lucerne, Switzerland. Carl was a talented jeweller and a watchmaker, and Luise was a competent businesswoman who had a good head for business and economics. Although a small business in the beginnining, their reputation and fame quickly grew, both in Switzerland and abroad.
The business grew so quickly that both of his sons, Carl Eduard, who was a watchmaker in Berlin, and Ernst, a watchmaker employed by the German imperial Court, were called back home to help their father. In 1919, Carl F. Bucherer presented his first watch collection and it was a great success.
In 1933, after the dead of Carl F. Bucherers, the business was passed on to his two sons who continued to build it up according to their father's wishes. Today, two generations later, the company Carl F. Buchener still exists in Lucerne, remaining independent to this day. It is owned by the great-grandson of Carl F. Buchener, Jürg G. Buchener.